I've noticed that since version 0.69, the average framerate dropped for my mac (running windows 10) at the same quality preset.

I don't know if there was any Graphical enhancements added to the ultra preset in the latest update that might have caused this, but I have to run the game at High instead of Ultra to get the same framerate.

System Specs:

GPU: Amd radeon RX560X

CPU: i9-9980HK

16 gigs of ram

There's about a 20-30 frame drop at the same quality preset.

• Thanks 1

In last few updates i updated pretty much everything to latest versions. In last update was updated unity engine, unity post processing stack and shadows.
If you are not using any post process effects, then problem can be in shadows. 

"There's about a 20-30 frame drop at the same quality preset."

What is your current frame rate? frame rate before? without knowing these values, your 20-30 drop says nothing to me.

9 hours ago, OneManArmy said:

"There's about a 20-30 frame drop at the same quality preset."

What is your current frame rate? frame rate before? without knowing these values, your 20-30 drop says nothing to me.

I previously had around 80 fps with the ultra, now it was closer to 50.

I also did a bit of testing in the Custom preset by enabling and disabling certain settings to see which one impacted performance the most.

It was mainly the soft shadows, volumetric lighting (each reducing the fps by 10 from 80) and Anti Aliasing (obviously).

Surprisingly Texture quality, Texture filtering and TAA almost had no impact on performance.

22 minutes ago, OneManArmy said:

If there was close to 40% performance decrease then why nobody else reports this?

I noticed a drop but only sometimes and I think not that much for my system. But normally I'd easily get 120 fps when locked at 120, but now it's hit-or-miss whether it stays that high, it seems. GTX 1050 card.

Yah Their is a certain FPS drop for me too when I opened this update (0.69) for the first time I thought the graphics or something must be change or something and my fps was reduce by 20 or something like was getting 35-40 

But idk how now its a stable 60 for me and I don't change any settings for that too 

😄

Did many many many tests and i was able to get back previous framerate.
Problem was in new shadows and Post Processing Stack 2.

Turned out that without even using any effects Post Processing Stack 2 eats 20% of performance. It's insane.

Now i don't know what to do. I can manually track when none of effects is enabled and turn off Post Processing, but if you will turn on even one effect, then it's minus 20% from your performance.

Makes more sense to move back and use Post Processing Stack 1.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, OneManArmy said:

Did many many many tests and i was able to get back previous framerate.
Problem was in new shadows and Post Processing Stack 2.

Turned out that without even using any effects Post Processing Stack 2 eats 20% of performance. It's insane.

Now i don't know what to do. I can manually track when none of effects is enabled and turn off Post Processing, but if you will turn on even one effect, then it's minus 20% from your performance.

Makes more sense to move back and use Post Processing Stack 1.

What are the difference between stack 1 and 2? In other words, there are significant graphic differences?