do you play on ultra settings?

If game runs below 60 fps, then you should lower quality. On my 6 years old PC i have 200+ fps on Ultra and in smoke fps drops to 100.

Use High quality preset. There is used different smoke effect = less impact on performance.

On Custom preset, change Shadow Type to Hard, or Disabled.

6 hours ago, OneManArmy said:

do you play on ultra settings?

If game runs below 60 fps, then you should lower quality. On my 6 years old PC i have 200+ fps on Ultra and in smoke fps drops to 100.

Use High quality preset. There is used different smoke effect = less impact on performance.

On Custom preset, change Shadow Type to Hard, or Disabled.

you wrote that in the smoke from 200 you drop to 100 so the problem is on the smoke side and that's what I mean more about the fps drop...

4 hours ago, shadey said:

so the problem is on the smoke side

Of course if you are in a cloud of fog, there will be less fps. Translucent/fog effects have always been taxing in games because the render engine has to do additional calculations on how the scene should look different when standing in fog.