Snapping to corners/vertices

• Blink23 changed the title to Snapping to corners/vertices

18 hours ago, OneManArmy said:

But we already have snap position step. Everything already aligns perfectly, if you don't turn off snap position step.

yes, but if you want to make something accurate, lets say table, you have to use "off snap" to make it accurate

what you are asking is million times harder to implement then what we have now. I have no idea how to check when edges/verts are close/touching.

Again, if you want to make detailed maps, then download unity and you will have zero limitations.

Map editor is not and never will be tool to make detailed maps. It's tool to make map blockout and test gameplay.

1 hour ago, OneManArmy said:

what you are asking is million times harder to implement then what we have now. I have no idea how to check when edges/verts are close/touching.

Again, if you want to make detailed maps, then download unity and you will have zero limitations.

Map editor is not and never will be tool to make detailed maps. It's tool to make map blockout and test gameplay.

oh ok, no problem, I have Unity already. So if i made skillwarz map on Unity would i be able to publish so others can play it?

you can create topic and show us screenshots/videos.

and use controller from FPS Kit:

https://armedunity.itch.io/au-fps-kit

"if i made skillwarz map on Unity would i be able to publish so others can play it?"

everyone can make a map. But will this map be good/interesting to play?

That's why was made Map Editor, so you guys can practice level design. 

If you can make interesting map layout, then you can think about making detailed map from this layout.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, OneManArmy said:

you can create topic and show us screenshots/videos.

and use controller from FPS Kit:

https://armedunity.itch.io/au-fps-kit

"if i made skillwarz map on Unity would i be able to publish so others can play it?"

everyone can make a map. But will this map be good/interesting to play?

That's why was made Map Editor, so you guys can practice level design. 

If you can make interesting map layout, then you can think about making detailed map from this layout.

If i made detailed map, would it affect fps a lot?

it depends from verts and number of draw calls. Just don't make very high poly meshes and don't go crazy with materials.

There are many optimization techniques, so performance depends not only from source of map, but how you will optimize.

• Like 1