I am searching a recording program that doesn't impact too much on performance.

Now, I am using Loilo game recorder, that can record reducing my FPS at 90 respect the 120 I usually have.

(Maybe I haven't set it up in a good way, but OBS is a lot worse)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Achille0072 said:

Nahh dude OBS is good 

But still if you are on windows then try using the X-box gamebar recorders 

Or simply set it up and press windows + G for recording the gameplay without any lag issue and and it also doesn't impact that much on the fps too 

I suggest to try that or 

--> Use Shadowplay if you have a Nvidia pannel inserted in your pc 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, ShardulWasHere said:

it can rec 60fps max resolution without a lot of frame drops

i use it on my potato daily.

My fps drops harder than the beat in an EDM song.

With my settings with OBS I got a stable 60+ fps. With the win10 built-in one my fps goes and stays below 50 since you can't really change the recorder's settings. If I would have a slightly better pc then I would use it, since the quality of the built-in one is really pretty.

• Like 1

You should try D3D Gear, I had settings on ultra and it dropped from 80 to around 65-70 while recording.

It also supports multiple compression formats so you can try those to see which one works best for you.

Only downside for now is that it's payed, but it's not that expensive.

• 1 month later...

Well. its my opinion. No hate. But I find Bandicam the best, as I get no fps drops for Minecraft, SWZ or valorant. If you have a Intel HD grahics PC and windows, the xbox game recorder is the best. If you have a nvidia GPU, (GTX 750 or higher) Nvidia shadowplay is the best and if you are a AMD GPU user, AMD relive is the best (it gets higher FPS than game bar and shadowplay combined). But u said u get 120 fps. so yea, choosing better quality is aight. and u might have a good pc

On 3/8/2021 at 11:13 AM, Achille0072 said:

I am searching a recording program that doesn't impact too much on performance.

Now, I am using Loilo game recorder, that can record reducing my FPS at 90 respect the 120 I usually have.

what is wrong with you? who needs 120 fps for smooth gameplay? i cap mine at 60 for skillwarz

• Confused 3
2 hours ago, Nrk said:

what is wrong with you? who needs 120 fps for smooth gameplay? i cap mine at 60 for skillwarz

Try to cap the FPS to 60 and then try to play with 100+.... I find that 100+ FPS are waaaay better, it's smoother and more reactive, and I can feel more "free" even with my 60hz monitor

19 hours ago, Nrk said:

For some slow-mo shots in montages you sometimes need to record at 120fps so that it's still 60 if you slow it down to half speed.

That's why I uncap it during recordings.

54 minutes ago, impossybull said:

Is your recording software set to 120 tho? You need a card and monitor that support that.

Nope, I record at 50/60 FPS... The 120 I was talking about were the in-game fps

1 hour ago, impossybull said:

Is your recording software set to 120 tho? You need a card and monitor that support that.

D3D gear does support 120fps recordings, and monitor refresh rate does not affect the framerate you're recording at only in game framerate matters.

As long as your system is powerful enough you can pull it off. (sometimes i like to reduce settings really low for slow-mo shots to prevent stuttery motion)