robertkk

Ghost Player Bug

It's the second time this happens while I'm playing, I'm not the only one who sees this during the match, everyone can see this bug. It is as if the player is like a ghost and he does not appear on the ScoreBoard

I dont know what this can be

image.png.8415512b9fc6a8144d02550ff943936f.png image.png.d765516b4fbd0b7f17eef4f4686f5035.png

Edited by robertkk

I'll add that the game allowed for more blue players to join so it was effectively 4v4 here:477130295_nimetn.thumb.png.1e3be6d4a437010954893e2b925bcbfa.png

Edited by Sviseerd
whoops wrong numbers on 4v4

Looks like some Xoom18 networked data is missing... very strange.

For now take screenshots and report in this topic.
You can see his username in death camera.

If it's not cheating, then problem can be in PUN upgrade.

" it seems to be happening often but not always"

From when? After last update, or even before.

How often? In how many matches you saw this problem?

Previously it had happened only 1 time, but today it happened in 4 consecutive matches, and it started to happen after the last update

Edited by robertkk

And in all matches the players who were these "ghosts" were different players, I don't know if they were the same person but they were different profiles

Here you can even see this '' ghost '' spawning at our spawn point being from a different team, and at the top right you can see a kind of TeamKilling due to this bugunknown.png?width=841&height=473

Edited by robertkk

Missing data in scoreboard and killfeed is because some info isn't sent to all players.

Because info about team is not sent = player can kill team mates, or spawn in opposite teams spawn area.

but the point is that where I was is our spawning point, and he was spawning precisely in ours and not in his, as it should be

his team's spawn was on the other side of the map, my team spawned and he spawned in the same place as us and not with his team

this is strange

Edited by robertkk

He was spawning in your spawn area because he was in your team. Info about team wasn't set/sent and it lead to all these problems.
Today i was playing few hours and didn't notice any bugs.

but he was on the other team because he was able to kill me, like in the video I left the link, it's very confusing

this is very confusing, i will play more matches, if this happens again i will record and take screenshots to update this topic

yeaaaaa, I remember spawning and I saw a guy spawn right next to me and killed me, when he shouldve spawned on the opposite side

If you see this problem, then ask player to leave and join room. It should fix this problem.

Do you remember what UnknowableTempes did before?
1) when exactly he joined room? on this map, or he was playing on previous maps?
2) did he left room before?

he was playing with us already had about 3 matches and he only left after the bug appeared

Edited by robertkk

So, he was playing on previous maps and when this map loaded he wasn't showing up in scoreboard and kill feed, right?

Last 3 days i am trying to catch this bug, but without luck. Seems that it happens very rarely.

I will revert to previous PUN version. This way we will see if problem is caused by changes in PUN.

• Like 1