Feedback about 2 times higher weapon damage

Experiment will run from few days up to 2 weeks. It's already clear that weapons will be unbalanced and in Hardcore mode TTK will be very fast.

If you want slightly slower TTK, then play Normal mode.

• Like 2

Well, the KSG is good now... ūüėĀ

Honestly, could we make this HC mode and make current HC mode Normal mode? A lot of people seem to enjoy this mode vs. Normal mode.

Edited by impossybull
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maps like Prototype 1, 5, 8, 10 and 13 don't really make sense with 2x damage, in all of this maps l9 is the most used weapon, but nobody is going to use it anymore since AR-S only need few shots to kill now. 2x damage doesn't fell right overall, it doesn't fit this game at all in my opinion. I prefer the usual HC Mode.

I actually suggested something like this a month ago

But now once i played it, it just doesn't fell right, it doesn't fit the game well.

Edited by Blink23
  • Like 1

For AK-47 I feel like the damage is too much, but the normal AK needed a buff. So maybe 1.4 to 1.5 times damage would be a little more fair and balanced. 

Edited by Adul200
Misspelled a word
  • Like 1

IMHO, it is true that it somehow equalizes the chances between experienced players and new players, in most cases the one who shoots first is the one who kills first. This has a positive effect, players do not assault with a recon rifle because it is not necessary, on the other hand it has a negative effect, it invites people to camp.

Regarding making the game attractive to new players, well ... if you are a good player and have skills from the beginning you will want to continue playing, otherwise you will get tired of being killed or you will start to think that everyone is cheating (this already happened before the experiment).

Nor do I think that double the damage can be justified because it makes the game more realistic, if what you are looking for is realism I would never released the crosshair feature out, for example.

It's hard to say if it's good or bad, it has positives and negatives ... It's  different, it might be transparent to a new player, but players who have been playing for a long time will have a hard time getting used to it or being comfortable.

• Thanks 1

The x2 damage doesn't fit the game well, it feels wrong and not stable. So with that being said I agree with Abdul that 1.5x +-0.1 would be a better option that needs to be tested.

Of course with that also comes the need to balance each weapon individually to fine tune damage. But that is very important in order to enjoy the game.

• Thanks 1

Yea I agree with triplebusted but I'm thinking about what Blink23 said about realism. I feel like a headshot should one tap for all the auto guns, snipers and Deagle no matter how much health you have, distance, and game mode. 

• Thanks 1

After playing with it for a few times, I am still undecided. I do like it, but I still feel like some other things should also happen. I think 2x damage should be made an option when creating a new lobby. That way it can stay for those who like it, but it's not the default. Beyond that, I have always thought that headshots should be an instant kill no matter what. At least in HC. How do headshots not always instakill but a cut from a knife ANYWHERE ON THE BODY does?

Also, I would like to see nades get a buff. They don't seem nearly strong enough. How can an explosion go off right at your feet and you still have 10-25 hp left? The only explosive that does it right is the claymore. BUT! the other problem I have with nades is I think the way the raycasting is handled. It seems like if an explosion happens, and the player is not on the same flat level as the impact, no damage occurs. Like if a player is standing behind a short wall, and an impact nade lands on top of the wall, the explosion happens directly in your face, but you are completely unharmed. Same problem if you are standing on a platform and an explosion happens on the side of the platform below you, no damage. That's just broken. Impact nades especially have this problem and are only really useful against a target on flat ground AND they already have low health. They need a buff. As an addon to that, if I am in the process of throwing a nade, and I die... can the nade please drop and explode?

TL;DR: I like 2x damdam, but think it should be optional. Headshots should kill. Nades need a buff. Also, I kinda think maybe there shouldn't be any damage falloff for distance of a shot (except for shotguns). It is very rarely a problem an stock maps, but I have played on some custom maps on gungame, with pistols, and large, uncrossable distances...... and nobody can do damage....... I know... Very niche problem.

My $0.02... I'll probably think of more.

6 hours ago, Moonlight said:

Also, I would like to see nades get a buff. They don't seem nearly strong enough. How can an explosion go off right at your feet and you still have 10-25 hp left? The only explosive that does it right is the claymore. BUT! the other problem I have with nades is I think the way the raycasting is handled. It seems like if an explosion happens, and the player is not on the same flat level as the impact, no damage occurs. Like if a player is standing behind a short wall, and an impact nade lands on top of the wall, the explosion happens directly in your face, but you are completely unharmed. Same problem if you are standing on a platform and an explosion happens on the side of the platform below you, no damage. That's just broken. Impact nades especially have this problem and are only really useful against a target on flat ground AND they already have low health. They need a buff. As an addon to that, if I am in the process of throwing a nade, and I die... can the nade please drop and explode?

why are you writing this here? We have bug reports... Record video and show us in which cases you don't receive damage.

On 4/2/2021 at 4:42 AM, OneManArmy said:

why are you writing this here? We have bug reports... Record video and show us in which cases you don't receive damage.

Is that actually a bug? I really just thought that was how nades worked! Unfortunately, I don't record usually when I play, but maybe I should start. I stand by my statement that nades should still get a damage buff however.

15 hours ago, Moonlight said:

. I stand by my statement that nades should still get a damage buff however.

which nades are you talking about? impact or timed? timed are fine imo if you know how to use them properly.

maybe as an extra game mode, yes. as the default game mode, hell no. 

the issue is that most players that play this game either don't have a good pc or don't have good ping which can make the experience horrible if there is a fairly high level player in game.     

Now in general i wouldnt think this to be a half bad idea neither, not taking into account the majority demograpic of those who have lower end pc's, but another massive issue with the idea of a one shot to kill mechanic is that about half the player base does not get ping lower than 100 which can make, in some instances (like with high level players) make the game unplayable.

as a person that considers themselves relatively high level i get about 21% headshots. thats about 1 in 5 kills that would also probably lead to a rage quit considering all the rest lol.

• Thanks 2

I personally loved the double damage, irrespective of other players and ping. This makes the game feel a lot better imo. But if the majority of the community disagrees, then maybe we can make it like 1 headshot kills a person in a closer range than before?