impossybull

New damage discussion 2

Posted (edited)

So, overall I think most guns are pretty balanced and have a good feel. Details of my opinion:

Good balance:

M4A1, K10, AK12, M110, AUG, MG4, G22, Deagle

Slight Adjustment:

AK47 - needs more recoil (+40%?) or less fire rate to offset high damage. All good players I see use AK47 most of the time now.

L96 and M107 - I would prefer they had more damage like before (I would expect them to be a almost-guaranteed 1-shot to the body on Hardcore mode) but idk how others feel about that.

USP and P99 - Max damage should be at least 50 IMO because it shoots slower and has less ammo in the clip than the G22.

Uzi - definitely OP as a secondary. Maybe make the range drop off from 10-20 m? Because right now it's almost as good as the K10.

Big Adjustment:

KSG and DAO - basically got a nerf compared to before; already they are barely used. Especially now, they just do not have any range where they are better than an automatic gun IMHO.

Edited by impossybull

* L96A1 does 120 damage in body (180 head). From 100 m distance damage falls to 80 at 140 m.
It's already 1-shot, only players who pick up health (or spawn with extra health) has protection.
All i can do here is increase drop from 100 => 150 and add extra 5 HP. It will be 130 body from 150m distance (in this case 1-shot body also players who spawn with 125 HP).

* M107 does 140 damage in body (210 head). From 120 m distance damage falls to 120 at 160 m.
Here players with very low KD and rank 0-5 has protection.  

* USP and P99 can kill with 2 shots (head 72  + body 48) from 20 m.
so pistols also must be 1-shot?    
Damage falls to 14 at 50 m. Even then you can kill enemy with 3 hits (head = 42 damage and body = 28).

* Uzi at this moment is even stronger then K10. I will nerf damage and distance.

* Problem with DAO and KSG is that they shoot with pellets and damage varies a lot based on how many pellets hit.
At distance you will hit few pellets MAX even with perfectly aim.
Damage was increased.

Cool, all that sounds pretty good. The pistols used to be a 2-shot at close range but if the Uzi is adjusted then it won't be a big deal.