Jump to content
Redneck

Wallrunning would fit perfectly with the right balance

Recommended Posts

Hi all, new to SW but old timer FPS lover!

I found this little gem yesterday and i had great fun, i'm trying to get my CS team to play it as well.

 

Either way, given the pace and the abilities already in place i think wall running would fit perfectly in SW; 

Yes, i have searched the forum and found the poll; I see why you don't want people flying around but with the right limitations it wouldn't be overpowered!

 

For example:

  • You can't do a vertical run to climb a wall, it only works on side walls
  • You run the same distance you can slide
  • You can only go over obstacles that you could climb with a single jump
  • You can't jump off the wall after a run
  • You can't "chain" wallruns i.e. jumping from wall to wall;
  • You go the same speed as a sprint
  • You can't shoot while doing it, same as sprinting
  • You can't ads or you'll instally fall, same as sprinting

 

Being short it doesn't allow you to travel to unexpected areas and players should be aware of fall damage;

Not being able to go straight vertical will not break the gameplay as well

 

It would just be a nice addition and contribute to the "hollywood" feeling you get when you slide, if you know what i mean.

Also imagine sniping someone while he runs on the wall towards you, wouldn't that be great?

 

I can accept a "no we're not making" but i would love to discuss it ^__^

 

Either way, keep up the good work! This game deserves more player!

Red out, peace

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It can be cool but right now most maps aren't rly designed for wallrunning, so i can just think of 1 or 2 maps where this would kinda fit but not that much. Like for example COD BO3 had wallrunning and it worked bc most maps had places that you could only get through with wallrunning. So that would mean making special maps for that.

And for how it works, the fact that you can't shoot while doing it isn't that good. Because with sliding you can't shoot but it's good to go faster and to take cover behind stuff. But wallrunning and you can't shoot mean you're basically an easy target for the enemy. So most ppl would just die while doing it. So just change that and it could be nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BnoIdea said:

It can be cool but right now most maps aren't rly designed for wallrunning, so i can just think of 1 or 2 maps where this would kinda fit but not that much. Like for example COD BO3 had wallrunning and it worked bc most maps had places that you could only get through with wallrunning. So that would mean making special maps for that.

And for how it works, the fact that you can't shoot while doing it isn't that good. Because with sliding you can't shoot but it's good to go faster and to take cover behind stuff. But wallrunning and you can't shoot mean you're basically an easy target for the enemy. So most ppl would just die while doing it. So just change that and it could be nice. 

 

IIRC on bo3 it's a very "powerful" move, not the same thing I'm proposing, not sure as I haven't played it...

 

They way I thought about it is basically an option to get over small obstacles without climbing, or traverse the map in a more unique way without being unbalanced while offering choices. I didn't see many games with a feature like that! I should specify I'm not a console player though!

 

Thanks for replying! 🙂

Edited by Redneck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OneManArmy said:

"basically an option to get over small obstacles without climbing"

 

 

 

 

Cool! Didn't know that, now I'm wondering what else I'm missing!

 

Thanks OMA. Guess wallrunning it's not going it happen then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

probably not to be honest. if you want to gain extra speed n what not you can (somtimes) do a slide and then flick jump right after on a metal containers, i dont know why this works on them but from my experience it works nicely. you can also do the same on ramps and inclines and it will pretty much work all the time. since youre new you should know that flick jumping is something that is VERY important in SW and can often be used to get in crazy good spots as well as allowing you to move around alot faster. in sw, in my opinion, movement is just as important as shooting your gun. GLHF!!

Edited by GGWP
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GGWP said:

probably not to be honest. if you want to gain extra speed n what not you can (somtimes) do a slide and then flick jump right after on a metal containers, i dont know why this works on them but from my experience it works nicely. you can also do the same on ramps and inclines and it will pretty much work all the time. since youre new you should know that flick jumping is something that is VERY important in SW and can often be used to get in crazy good spots as well as allowing you to move around alot faster. in sw, in my opinion, movement is just as important as shooting your gun. GLHF!!

 

Thanks for the tip buddy, I'm not new to jump strafing eheh ;D i used to play a game called Urban Terror based on Quake 3, the speed in that is all behind the strafes. I'm figuring out here as well! 

 

Thanks everyone for your response, looking forward to meet ya in game 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...