Health packs should restore health and not beyond the starting amount. Middle is naturally the strongest position in maps, having a player holding the strongest position and having an endless depot of health that makes them twice as likely to win gunfights makes it overpowered.

I suggest having health packs only restore health to the starting amount. This would make winning the gunfight from middle come with the reward of getting another chance to have a 100% fair battle rather than giving them a 50% or higher chance of winning their next fight. With the current system it makes balance more difficult, at least from what I've experienced. My suggestion would likely mean a buff to health packs, having them give 100% health always.

What do you think?

Or they should be places which are hard to access or you get easily shot down  from many sides taking a risk. Proto 3,6,7,8 have health packs in such places that you can camp and take packs from the center. It is very hard to change scorelines when someone takes those positions. 

• Like 1

Skill based jumps are good but require more effort to do without altering existing maps (Maybe won't be a problem with new map editor?). Risky placement is decent too but it seems negated by the risk being less than the reward, as the player could potentially already have 150+ health. Both these ideas would still be in play with my suggestion but with a better direction towards balance.

I will discuss this in my upcoming videos about map design, but having stuff like this is just part of the philosophy of “Power Point”  map design.  Being able to control the middle is the strongest position

• Like 2

I don't rly think health packs balance should be needed bc the game is already well balanced on this side and i like how it is now. Even though it's true that on P8 and P9 it's like super easy to get +50HP (just one high jump) and then hide right after taking it. But the other maps already are balanced (beside P8 and P9): on some maps it's easy to take a health kit but it's only 30HP, so highest would be 155HP; on others it's more risky to take one but you get 50HP, so highest would be 175HP. Like that it seems kinda high, but it's not, bc this actually happens if you don't get shot while taking the health kit. But the only three reasons i can think of you not getting shot while doing it is : or the whole enemy team died and they're respawning or it's sniper only or you're juliom10 (srsly he's taking the health kits way too fast lmao). So most of the time taking the health kits is to heal faster.

But when someone is rly good and he's taking the health kits to get as much health as he can to survive longer, well it's not balanced but you can counter him super easily. If you're not prestige, just get a shit kd to have 150HP and if you are prestige take extra health perk. Then just rush that guy and at the best you'll need to die twice at least. Seems like some garbage advice to die twice for that (1 death to lower his health, 2nd to kill him and get killed cuz he's still better), but hey 2 deaths do kill someone better than you and reset mid position, it's a golden deal. And if you can't do this alone don't forget you have a team. And if this guy still gets mid easily, then he's just better than you and your team. And the only time i saw someone be that guy, well it was juliom10, so balancing health kits would mean "make it easier for people to kill juliom10". Oh and btw don't forget health kits have a respawn time. So changing that time could be a good idea

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

lmao so i came back after seeing a notification, and i just saw the URL of this page. The power of random lol

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, BnoIdea said:

But when someone is rly good and he's taking the health kits to get as much health as he can to survive longer, well it's not balanced but you can counter him super easily. If you're not prestige, just get a shit kd to have 150HP and if you are prestige take extra health perk. Then just rush that guy and at the best you'll need to die twice at least. Seems like some garbage advice to die twice for that (1 death to lower his health, 2nd to kill him and get killed cuz he's still better), but hey 2 deaths do kill someone better than you and reset mid position

You shouldn't have to dump your KD or enable a perk to have a fair fight (they could still easily have more health than you even doing this) with someone when they already have the most powerful position. If you use this 'strategic' suicide bombing its likely the health pack would be back between respawning, even still yet they would be in the more powerful position. Teams can be pretty useless at times since people like to pile on the winning side. My suggestion would make it harder for pub stompers not impossible, Julio would still be an exceptional player. There currently is too much weight and momentum being placed on middle.

As for changing respawn timers on the packs, this is an alternative but still allows players to have more health than what I would say is fair. A lower cap on health would be a similar path to my idea while still mediating with your ideas and could work out better than my original suggestion.

Why ppl shouldn't have to enable a perk to have a fair fight? It's basically the purpose of perks and why you can change them during the game to counter things you wouldn't have been able to without them. But i agree that my advice isn't one that works every time. It's just a way to counter health thirsty people, that i thought about while writing it.

So i agree that a lower cap is better than your original suggestion,  and imo if we should lower that cap, i wouldn't go below 150HP. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BnoIdea said:

Why ppl shouldn't have to enable a perk to have a fair fight? It's basically the purpose of perks

A perk is an additional advantage given to a player, it should not be a requirement to have one for the fight to be somewhat fair (and again even with it would still not be fair). If the intention of perks is to act at as counterbalances then the counter to extra health would be a perk that does more damage to healthier players, however this would only convolute balance.  

150hp would be a good point as it is what noobs who are barely able to hit walls were reduced to awhile ago though I admit it is different since they were just given 200hp for nothing.

6 hours ago, Mynameisnot said:

A perk is an additional advantage given to a player,

You know you want to disagree with me but you're saying the same thing as me. Yes, a perk is an advantage. And since it's an advantage, it means that you can use them to succeed at things you wouldn't have been able to do without them. Like for example: when you kill someone they can see your perks, so they know what perks you have and what advantages it gives you. So they'll use perks based on yours to kill you (when it's a 1v1). But when you die you can change your perks, accordingly to them, and they'll be surprise (normally). And so with perks you can surprise your enemy. Imagine you're playing against someone better than you. You're using strong arms and fast hands. Doesn't work that well. So you change them to silent footsteps and sprint. Then they won't expect you to be so fast and that you're already behind them. Until you shot, they won't know you're there and as long as you don't fuck it up, that's a kill. And so with that you have : a COUNTER to an enemy who's better than you. The advantage that the perk is giving is making you able to kill someone you wouldn't have been to without them.

And btw it's not bc someone just started the game that they're noobs. i've already seen ppl being rly good even though they just started.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BnoIdea said:

you change them to silent footsteps and sprint. Then they won't expect you to be so fast and that you're already behind them. Until you shot, they won't know you're there and as long as you don't fuck it up, that's a kill

In this situation they already have middle, giving a vantage point over your spawn, even assuming you're actually able to sneak behind them they have 175 hp and enough time to turn on you or gain cover. There is no countering someone (especially with perks) having twice as much health as you unless they're an overall worse player, which is why I've said a few times that there is too much weight in middle.

It seems the community is indifferent to it or fine with the current system so I don't expect change anytime soon. Maybe this will become less of a problem as the general intelligence of players increases.

The reason why the community might seem indifferent is bc not all ppl from the game know there is forum and even if they do, if those kind of things are rly bothering them they'll just quit playing it. If you're here talking about that, that means you love the game enough to want to make it better. And so the only ppl you'll see here is or ppl like you wanting to make the game better, or rly good/god tier ppl that love the game (well it's normal bc they play a lot) and want to be part of the community. At least i think so. And you finish with 50/50, good ppl that this problem doesn't rly affect them and ppl not as active as the other half on this forum (at least from what i saw).

And i'm more from the first half: good ppl (at least i think so lol). So this problem doesn't rly affect me cuz like i said in my first post:

On 5/18/2020 at 10:35 AM, BnoIdea said:

And the only time i saw someone be that guy, well it was juliom10

So i don't want to change something for one person, that would be completely dumb. But that doesn't mean i'm not ok with a lower cap on health. If this would actually happen, as long as it's not below 150HP, like i said earlier, i wouldn't mind that much. And maybe most ppl that play the game would like this change. Or maybe not. I dunno.

So my conclusion of this topic: i'm ok with both the current system or a change.

• Like 1