rA9

Unable to Chat

Ever Happened with ya?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Ever Happened with ya?

• Yes.
    • No.

Sometimes we're not able to send messages it randomly happens and happens alot,  i have to reconnect to server, and i didn't fond any triggers, it's very common so sorry if someone has already posted it.

"it randomly happens and happens alot"

it can happen if you are spamming in chat and/or exceed message limit.

If you are one of these spammers who sends some random character(-s) many times in a row (usually when match ends), then stop doing this.

i've never spammed :|, its a bug not like feature kinda thing, it just doesn't work and i have to reconnect to server, my friends were also facing this issue.

when you send multiple messages in few seconds, it's spam.

message limit per match is = 50.

and you can send up to 4 messages in 10 seconds. If you try to send more, then messages will not send.

If it happens so often (with you and your friends), then record video and show me how you are chatting. I want to see how often you are sending messages, before this "bug" happens.

anyone else has problem with chat?

When I have been testing things in game or showing off maps, sometimes we will hit message limit. But I've never hit it in a normal game. Maybe that means it would be better if it were removed and replaced with a second check (i.e. 18 messages in 2 minutes). IDK

• Like 1

we already have time based limit (3 sec per message and if you reach 10 seconds, then message will not be sent). You can send 3+ messages in 10 seconds.

normally even 50 messages is more then enough. On average players don't send even 10 messages in one match.

If you are playing with friends and you are constantly chatting, then maybe you should consider using voice chat (discord)?

I will increase message limit to 200.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I haven't had a problem with chat, but sometimes I do exceed the limit. XD

And yes I went to using Discord that was a good idea.

Edited by Agent137

4 hours ago, OneManArmy said:

then maybe you should consider using voice chat (discord)?

I mean, duh? The problem is is that many people don’t have mics, and  using Discord text chat while playing in game is super inconvenient of course. And some people don’t even have Discord accounts. 😕

Increasing it to 200 should be fine. I don’t think I’ve ever needed to send more than 100 messages in a match. 🙂

I've run into this bug once before but several times in the same lobby, doing a 1v1 knife fight where we were chatting a decent amount (giving tips, we were total strangers.) Ping is always high for me, the Amsterdam server is generally the only one active and I'm in the US. It's possible we ran over the 4/10sec rule but I don't think so, we weren't chatting that excessively. However if this is the case, would it then be possible @OneManArmy to implement some kind of message to inform you that you've capped or spammed? We kept having to leave and reset, missed out on a lot of that sweet knife bonus XP lol.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, OneManArmy said:

Stop call it "bug". It was 50 message limitation and now it was increased to 200.

Well I only said "bug" because I'm confident we didn't hit the 50, though I think it's possible we just were too fast at times. Either way, that was the only time I had it. Never hit the cap before.

Still, at least for spamming, would it be possible to have a system message let you know? I understand people abuse it but sometimes, especially like that 1v1 lobby I was in, we were just having a conversation and apparently triggered it.