Prototype 1 in medieval style (WIP)

Map is not finished. I have to replace shipping containers and add more details. By the way, if you have idea what can replace containers, then drop link to picture below.

Most likely this version of P1 will be included in game, but not in map rotation.

• Like 5
10 hours ago, OneManArmy said:

By the way, if you have idea what can replace containers, then drop link to picture below.

I would probably use stone, with arches to walk through. I don't have an asset to link to though.

Just saying OMA, I am planning a map "Cliffside" (not the one from WAW) and a lot of these textures/assets would be great on it. 

It would be cool if materials like this were added to the map editor, or I could maybe make something in ProBuilder with these assets (been a long time since I used it tho).

Either way it would probably make more sense to make a "prototype" style map first to test gameplay/balance, then remake anyway, but I did want to mention it.

IDK if your plan for the editor is to include this type of stuff (maybe hard to add or optimize outside of Unity client) but I would definitely encourage that if you're thinking about it. That's all I wanted to say 😀

In multiplayer games it's not acceptable.
If there is grass, then there is grass for everyone.

If will be option to turn off grass, then most of players will turn off grass for better visibility.

All i can do is lower number of grass patches on Low settings.

It is possible to optimize grass even more, but it requires to buy something like:
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/particles-effects/infini-grass-gpu-vegetation-45188
or
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/gpu-instancer-117566

• 2 weeks later...

now i think of it, ik it would take a bit of time but what if someone made a replica off all the prototype maps into medieval and when u

go into  create game there would be an option to pick "medieval maps" or "prototype maps"

not now. It takes a lot of time.

if/when game will make money, then i will hire someone who will...

I already know what you still don't understand... i hope this map will open eyes for most of you.

• Like 1