A flag that the game checks on loading map to prevent damage from other players (or disable the fire gun, throw grenade, knife handlers)  to encourage the kz/parkour community to create/play parkour maps. It's rly not fun to be at the top of a tough challenge to get killed from someone that just joined the map/decided they were bored 😕

Could also disable/reduce fall dmg

Edited by litenite
add a bit of context

For "death run" maps i must implement spawning without weapons and weapons which you can pickup from ground. It can work also on "fall guys" type maps, were on finish can find weapon(s) and kill other players.
Or even better... i can add something like shop area where you can buy weapons + money which you can pickup while you run through map.
For "parkour" maps i must improve controller. I think about adding something like wall jumps and enable air control... maybe even add bhop, to make movement more advanced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, OneManArmy said:

I think about adding something like wall jumps and enable air control

IDK seems like a lot of people like the current air control b/c of the challenge

1 minute ago, OneManArmy said:

maybe even add bhop

What is different about this, vs what is in game now?

10 minutes ago, impossybull said:

so bhop = air control while sprint??? I don't see the difference in the video, besides the gravity.

in a way, plus it allows you to keep building speed reaching above sprinting and can be used to make jumps that are otherwise impossible to make.

for reference, most of the crates he jumps past are set about a single jump from one another.

kinda similar in csgo, but you've got to time your jump off the ground (it's pretty precise to the point that server tick can make it near impossible) while pushing a/d and moving your mouse left/right (that's a very simple explanation cause im not great at bhop'ing lol) to keep the momentum.

Edited by litenite
misremebered
41 minutes ago, OneManArmy said:

For "parkour" maps i must improve controller. I think about adding something like wall jumps and enable air control... maybe even add bhop, to make movement more advanced.

these would be great additions, but sw has a pretty nice movement set that offers a different experience from some of the other "parkour" modes. I think adding those could really be delayed for a 'movement'/'parkour gamemode' update. Personally, I've never beat Svi's reKZ and had a blast trying.

Edited by litenite

Just for clarification:

In early COD you had something called strafe jumping. You couldn't bhop like in cs and i think in quake. But you could jump much further by changing and locking your fps, while pushing w +a/d and turning you mouse. Cod4 still has a great many people playing "jump" maps.