akhuram

Balance obsession

Hi,

This thread is to highlight the issue of a player 'mynameis' who continuously directs players to change teams to attain an absolute balance. We all know that absolute balance is never possible, one team will always be a little stronger or weaker than the other one but he rants it in all games which is quite annoying. I have politely told him many times to enjoy the game but this is really annoying to discuss this in every game he plays. Any admin that can tell him not to bombard with swapping and balancing instructions in every game?

PS: I don't record or have all the screenshots but we all know he do this all the time, i got 1 screenshot though

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 6.51.40 PM.png

A mute is long waited however its sole discretion of admins to take that decision

However, i think if he is muted even for a brief period of time, it will make him play the game on as-is basis, he ll start enjoying the natural balance/unbalance i believe this way and may not complain after a while

He is a good player though

I often play in the same lobbys as him (with many other higher lvl players in) and yes i can also confirm that at times he may be a bit annoying but overall its very clear that he has no bad intentions at all and just wants the game to be fair my personal advice for him would be if the teams are unfair and you are on the winning side just swap by yourself and when you are on the loosing side see it as an extra challenge because when challenged you will improve faster

Posted (edited)

Sviseerd bought this post to my attention, there are a few points that need to be made here.

1. I never seek perfect balance, I am only after a enjoyable game where it doesn't end 25/50 or worse

2. If the game is unbalanced and I have a chance to balance it I ALWAYS swap teams to balance, however if there are top players on my team I ask them as if I swap i will only make it worse.. I almost always go red as is plain to see that most top players by default go blue leaving red almost always as the loosing team. I also quit games when I am on the winning team if its unbalanced and I cannot balance it myself by switching team.

3. I know its annoying to some but I have mentioned this before, most games that are unbalanced, players leave in droves however what really kicks me off is top players sticking together game after game keeping it unbalanced, among many they include spocky & grizzly, swif & any top tier, and many others, even worse is when the number of players are unbalanced, such as 6 in the top team v 3-4 in the other team, players should have the decency to balance.

4. I am surprised OMA is suggesting a mute where a player like phraxjams who had many posts about him in the old site and countless players complained about how ruins the games and makes them toxic and no mute for him, where as all i am trying to do is ensure the players who are not top (including myself) have a good time.

5. I attach some screenshots to show what the real issue is

Screenshot from 2019-12-05 19-11-26.png

Screenshot from 2019-12-11 17-50-14.png

Screenshot from 2019-12-30 17-12-20.png

Screenshot from 2019-12-30 17-24-22.png

Screenshot from 2019-12-30 17-41-12.png

Screenshot from 2020-01-05 14-32-47.png

Screenshot from 2020-01-05 17-51-17.png

Screenshot from 2020-01-05 17-51-22.png

Screenshot from 2020-01-05 17-52-20.png

Screenshot from 2020-01-06 13-48-07.png

Edited by mynameis

You can help balance teams without annoying anyone. Join opposite team, when you see strong player(-s) in one team. Not always it will be possible, but do it when you can.

Yes, here are many strong players who don't give a *** about balance.
Just 2 strong players in one team can lead to unbalanced game.

Seekers + SwiF and Pocky + Grizzly are constantly playing in one team? Or you are posting multiple screenshots from the same match?

Seems that all screenshots with Seekers + SwiF are from one match.

Posted (edited)

Stop it mynameis I don't choose team, you know that and everybody knows, I don't know what I'm doing in these prints, you keep telling players to switch teams all the time, that's a fact, well, you have your ideology now when you post In the forum explain first why I don't choose team. Everyone plays against very strong teams, not all games will come out 49x50.

Edited by SeekerS

With due respect my 2 cents

All these new screenshots 'bombarded' by 'mynameis' prove once again his dictation and obsession for balance, it's not just me but everyone faces this in almost ALL GAMES he plays. He still stands his point and will still call for balance in upcoming games, can any admin please save us from future annoyance for sometime? will greatly appreciate it. Let us all take a break for this Balancing fiasco for a while PLEASE ?

Having said that, we all play against the same players without thinking much of balance. Even the new comers play the game as-is knowing that they are going to lose. It's not a war where we have to be in the best team and win all the time, its a game, a few minutes of entertainment we all should enjoy no matter if we win or lose - its fun!

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, OneManArmy said:

Seekers + SwiF and Pocky + Grizzly are constantly playing in one team? Or you are posting multiple screenshots from the same match?

I did not mention Seekers as he does not really care who is on his team, he just goes blue no matter who else is on the team. SwIF however will sometimes wait to join until there is place on the dominating team.

Seems that all screenshots with Seekers + SwiF are from one match.

Yes, the last 2 with seekers and swif are the same match (just to show nothing changed later on)

I repeat, I know some players find it annoying however many do thank me for it and many players that play frequently do seem to care about the balance. most of those that complain and tell me to stop happen to be on the winning team that game and next game if they are not they quit.

Edited by mynameis

And the balancing annoyance continues

1354724698_ScreenShot2020-01-08at8_17_15PM.thumb.png.af1168b090ce7d1a68e80f1b1bf6f86a.png

Attached screenshot is of an ongoing game right now

It's fine when he asks some player to change team, but is it necessary to write "balance sucks", "shit balance" and similar messages?

Admins, when you see him online = mute him. After few weeks you can remove his mute. This time it will be temp mute. Next time will be perm.