[WORK IN PROGRESS] Prototype R: River

Italy

[WORK IN PROGRESS] Prototype R: River

Post by KaiILPAZZO » 09 Aug 2018

Hello! Like i said in my presentation post,i was trying to do a map for this game using the Map Editor and i had an idea...
The idea was creating a "detailed" and not "specular" map to the other Prototypes but keeping the prototype style.
It's still work in progress and i have some problems with the trees,because my crappy pc already starts to lag with these many trees (If someone can help me out with this problematic i'd be happy to accept!).
So,talking about the map itself...
Skillwarz River Map Logo.png
It's called Prototype R (or just River) and,like i said,it's an experiment using the map editor of this game and making a "detailed" map.
This is a TDM and DM map and it's pretty small (as you will be able to see from the screenshots) and it's made for a fast paced gameplay.
Skillwarz River Map Presentation 1.png
(Gray: Path - Red: DM spawns - Yellow: TDM spawns)
As you can see,there is a big "hole" at the center of the map,that is actually the river. So,to make this map "playable" there are 2 ways: 1. Put the "lava" of one of the TDM prototypes at the place of the river of this one or 2. Put the water of the AU FPS Kit (i think it's compatible...right?)
Anyways,fter making this map,if it gets even reconized,i could try to remake it with the Unity terrain and maybe even do in the future an expanded version for players that likes bigger maps. Now i'll leave you with some screenshots of the map itself,hopefully you'll enjoy this map :D
Attachments
Skillwarz River Map Presentation 2.3.png
Skillwarz River Map Presentation 2.4.png
Skillwarz River Map Presentation 2.2.png
Skillwarz River Map Presentation 2.1.png
Latvia
Clan: SW

Post by OneManArmy » 09 Aug 2018

Hi, map is too small.
Seems that i must make topic with some tips...
Italy

Post by KaiILPAZZO » 09 Aug 2018

Oh,yeah i knew it could happen :/ The problem with the editor is that i didn't knew exactly how tall is the player so i ended up to make a map extremely small,anyways i'll try to expand it if it's possible to make it bigger.
Latvia

Post by OneManArmy » 09 Aug 2018

Poland

Post by iTerQ » 10 Aug 2018

You can press B when you are in voxel editor mode to see a map like a normal player. Definitely too much trees - it makes everything unclear and not well optimized (like you've written). Next thing - imagine jumping on those blocks, that would be extremly annoying. And the last one - some of trees are not touching the ground.
Portugal
Clan: PT4L

Post by FARMORIGPT14 » 11 Aug 2018

I think that there are too many trees
I love Skillwarz.
I have a channel on YouTube :arrow: FARMORIGPT