HOW TO LOAD/SAVE MAPS IN 1.2.8 and Answers to Frequent Problems

United States of America
Clan: OP

HOW TO LOAD/SAVE MAPS IN 1.2.8 and Answers to Frequent Problems

Post by impossybull » 11 Aug 2019

READ THIS FIRST!
Identify your problem here:
  • "My map won't load in 1.2.8": Start at step 1.
  • "My map will load, but won't save in 1.2.8": Start at step 6.
  • "My map saves in 1.2.8, but doesn't show up in game": Start at step 12.
  • "The terrain on my map originally created in 1.2.6 or earlier doesn't show up in game": There is no fix for this currently. :( The steps below will not help.
  • "When I try to launch my map in game, it doesn't launch": Make sure there is at least one blue and red spawn point. Don't follow the steps below.

Then follow these steps:
  1. Open Map Editor Version 1.2.7
  2. Click "Edit" on the "Minecraft" default map. Don't actually change anything on it.
  3. Press Esc and click "Edit" on your desired map.
  4. After it loads, press F1.
  5. Close the editor and copy the map from the 1.2.7 "Maps" folder to the 1.2.8 "Maps" folder.
  6. Open Map Editor Version 1.2.8.
  7. Click "Edit" on the "Minecraft" default map. Don't actually change anything on it.
  8. Press Esc and click "Edit" on your desired map.
  9. Delete ALL the barriers on the map. Double check that they are ALL gone.
  10. Press F1.
  11. Copy the map from the 1.2.8 "Maps" folder to the SkillWarz "Maps" folder.
  12. Rename the map int the SkillWarz "Maps" folder so that the total name of the file (excluding the .swm suffix if it is displayed by your operating system) is 15 CHARACTERS LONG OR LESS. If it is 16 or longer, it will NOT show up in game.
  13. Open SkillWarz.
  14. In SkillWarz, click on "Editor Maps"
  15. Next to your map, click "Offline" or "Online".
  16. Your map should now be playable!

Believe it or not, this took me like 5 hours to figure out what was causing problems and to try to diagnose everything. Please reply if this helped you out! :D

-ipb

P.S. If you know of more "frequent problems" or answers to FAQ's, please suggest them below! :)

P.P.S Here's a link to v1.2.7 if you deleted yours and need to reinstall it: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kwe6dmvv7 ... 4.zip/file
Password for the file is “password”.
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

Member of Split, SWAT, Milk, RT, Dark Masters, Criminal Gamers, Fusion, Greg Heffley, and leader of OVERPOWERED.