Future of Skillwarz

Latvia
Clan: SW

Future of Skillwarz

Post by OneManArmy » 18 Nov 2018

I assume we are all interested in growth of player base, but it will not happen without your involvement.
Recording game-play videos for YouTube and spreading info on social media is very important.

Thanks to everyone who records game-play videos and helps to advertise game.
But unfortunately recording just one video, or one video in a few months is not enough. We need much more activity in this area.

I understand that many of you don't have powerful enough PC's to record game-play videos, but you can help in another way.
When you see that someone recorded game-play video, please watch it and leave a like (if possible also write a comment and subscribe).
It will stimulate more players to record videos (and record more frequently) and it will help to grow player base.
More views (watch time), likes and comments = more potential players will see these videos.

For us higher player base is very important, because it will solve so many problems.
Because of low number of players you have to play against players who has very high ping.
And players with high ping have to play in EU region, because in region where they have low ping nobody is playing.
Also because of low player base i can't sort games based on rank/skill and players who just joined game, have to play against TOP players, what in most cases leads to losing new players.

We have stuck in this "below 50 online players" for so long time.
If nothing will change in next few months, then game will move back to browser.
It means worse graphics, worse audio quality, higher ping, worse performance, locked frame-rate (by default) and so on.
But at least there are much more players and of course game can make some money from ads.

Now everything is in your hands...
Malaysia
Clan: MSIA

Post by Johnliew97 » 19 Nov 2018

My computer is good enough for videos. However I'm not popular on YouTube. So No one will watch it :/.
Latvia

Post by OneManArmy » 19 Nov 2018

sometimes channels with few subs get very high number of views.
And if even one player will come after seeing your video, it is already enough.
Who knows, maybe this player will have channel with huge audience?
United States of America

Post by Quack » 19 Nov 2018

OH buddy, I really hope this game doesn't go back to browser. I will try my best to get my friends involved in this game and community, I have already gotten four that will most likely to play the game every day. Thanks for the great game btw.
France
Clan: DM

Post by picsouman » 19 Nov 2018

Hi !
I'll try to make videos on youtube when I'll be back in France. It would be too bad to get back on webbrowser !
I'd like to stream on twitch but my connexion sucks so much ^_^

For skill system I think you can do something : add an option that accept players to join in room if they are in the skill point interval... Like this, it will filtered players, but it's still an option so for others player who doesn't mind it's okay...
Germany
Clan: GREG

Post by MrSaxyMan » 21 Nov 2018

I have gotten a lot of the freshmen at my school involved, and a lot of us got banned under the name of BIGOUNCE a lil while back before you cleared the list. I'll more than happily introduce the game to some of the 8th and 7th graders too.
I'm deaf on my right side, so don't get mad at me for not hearing footsteps lol
United States of America
Clan: OP

Post by impossybull » 23 Nov 2018

I think putting this game solely on browser would hurt it a lot. It seemed like it gained a lot of players when it was launched on itch.io. As for me, I and the CG clan have a few videos lined up but we need to edit them, because people don't want to watch boring videos.
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

Member of Split, SWAT, Milk, RT, Dark Masters, Criminal Gamers, Fusion, Greg Heffley, and leader of OVERPOWERED.
Poland

Post by 75random72 » 23 Nov 2018

Placing the game in the browser is a bad idea.
If you have any financial problems with keeping the game (?!) Then just write and I think that the community of this great game will certainly drop (even on patronite)
Poland

Post by WyjebaneJajca » 24 Nov 2018

OneManArmy wrote:
19 Nov 2018
sometimes channels with few subs get very high number of views.
And if even one player will come after seeing your video, it is already enough.
Who knows, maybe this player will have channel with huge audience?
Why you just don't put this game on Steam? This game will get a HUGE community
Latvia

Post by OneManArmy » 24 Nov 2018

No. Steam is not magical place. It's marketplace like itch.io only bigger.
I explained multiple times, why releasing game on Steam now will give zero effect.
When game will be released on Steam it will not be free. Want to know "why?", find and read topic.