Discussion about health boost by K/D

United States of America
Clan: OP

Discussion about health boost by K/D

Post by impossybull » 19 Oct 2019

I decided to make a topic on this.

I feel I need to respectfully disagree with your view that we shouldn't consider how someone could abuse a system. I feel it needs to be considered, even if it is unlikely. That's why I don't recommend a HP boost to people with a low leaderboard K/D, because someone can suicide 1000x in a private lobby with friend or second account, then go in several games with terrible k/d and get a health boost. But no one will do that in a single game, because it would hurt them far too much to die, than to get a minor health boost. It seems REALLY dumb, but if people can do it, I'm sure there is someone who will try it.

So I'd recommend one that just goes by someone's K/D in the game.
  • +50 HP for K/D in the lobby <= 0.5
  • +100 HP for K/D in the lobby <=.334.
These numbers are from partly, from the current system of +40 HP if .33 or less K/D in the lobby, and the perk Balance (removed in 0.40) that gave 200 HP at spawn for .33 or less K/D in the lobby.

This system would help anybody with less than a 0.5 K/D in a lobby, and help even greater someone with less than a .334 K/D in the lobby. Because of how K/D is calculated, someone would only have to die twice (K-D 0-2) to get +50HP, or three times (K-D 0-3) to get +100 HP. Considering people tend to die an average of ~10 times per game, it would not take long at all for someone to get these health buffs if they are doing poorly. At the same time, it would keep people from reverse-boosting their K/D (on a new or second account, usually) to get a permanent HP buff based on their terrible leaderboard K/D.

We could also add HP buffs for low level Prestige 0 players. In addition to the "low lobby K/D" HP buffs, I'd suggest they get:
  • +60 when Rank 0
  • +40 when Rank 1
  • +20 when Rank 2
This way, even if new players are not doing poorly, they get some help as they try out and adapt to the game.

Summary of suggestions and my views:
  1. Leaderboard K/D HP boost: Some potential for abuse; the main thing is that Suggestion 2 gives basically the same result, with no potential for abuse.
  2. Lobby K/D HP boost: Best option, IMO.
  3. HP boost for new players: Probably not needed of Suggestion 2 is added, but would still be helpful.
P.S. The reason why I don’t like suggestion one as much is not because I’m concerned that it will be abused a lot. It is just that, in my opinion, suggestion 2 accomplishes basically the exact same thing, but cannot be abused. Additionally, it accounts for situations like this: if a mediocre player is playing against good players, they will get a health boost for that game if they do poorly, which would be expected. But if that same mediocre player plays against bad players, then the mediocre player will do much better and would not need any kind of health boost. But if that same mediocre player plays against bad players, then the mediocre player will do much better and would not need any kind of health boost. If the health boost was based purely on that mediocre players leaderboard K/D, they will either have it in both scenarios, or not have it. I think the siding health boosts on a game per game basis depending on that players performance in that game is the most sensible way to do it.
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

Member of Split, SWAT, Milk, RT, Dark Masters, Criminal Gamers, Fusion, Greg Heffley, and leader of OVERPOWERED.
France
Clan: oof

Post by laugh » 20 Oct 2019

Not a bad idea, but players could abuse it by getting a low K/D.
𝓢𝓽𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓯𝓲𝓵𝓮 : https://steamcommunity.com/id/SupaSaiyajin

𝓜𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓬 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 :
United States of America
Clan: OP

Post by impossybull » 20 Oct 2019

Getting a low K/D in a match means you're intentionally giving the enemy points, no one would do that most likely, b/c it is not advantageous.

That would only work if health boosts were based on a low leaderboard K/D.
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

Member of Split, SWAT, Milk, RT, Dark Masters, Criminal Gamers, Fusion, Greg Heffley, and leader of OVERPOWERED.
Brazil

Post by SeekerS » 21 Oct 2019

topic already said it all, good idea.
France
Clan: oof

Post by laugh » 22 Oct 2019

impossybull wrote:
20 Oct 2019
Getting a low K/D in a match means you're intentionally giving the enemy points, no one would do that most likely, b/c it is not advantageous.

That would only work if health boosts were based on a low leaderboard K/D.
I thought it was for the leaderboard K/D, not for a match K/D.
If it's for match K/D then why not :D
𝓢𝓽𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓯𝓲𝓵𝓮 : https://steamcommunity.com/id/SupaSaiyajin

𝓜𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓬 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 :