Community Growth

United States of America

Community Growth

Post by spdr502 » 10 Aug 2019

Hi fellow Skillwarz fam. I've noticed quite a few familiar names here on the forums. It's good to see forum participation from you.

I like Skillwarz for the simple gameplay, fast performance and friendly players. I've been evangelizing it within my Discord servers and while streaming. I've compiled a list of things I think would help make the game more approachable to new players and help the community grow.

I was torn between posting this in Ideas and Suggestions and General Discussions. Mods, please move this thread as you see fit

General
  • List player count for all regions. Currently you have to switch regions in order to see the player count
  • Save region selection after game restart
  • Settings values do not allow increments to all possible values. FOV and sensitivity as an example skip numbers while sliding
  • Allow settings values to be entered manually rather than using sliders
  • An official Discord server.

Leaderboard
  • Make leaderboard available in game
  • Filter leaderboard by: Gametype, Dates (Weekly/Monthly). Weekly and Monthly stats will encourage new players as they have a chance to be in the "Top"
  • Add columns:
  • Sort leaderboard by kills, deaths, K:D ratio, last active, first active
Gameplay
  • Trading in the game happens all too often. I often peek a corner quickly and move away only to die ~800-2000ms later from someone with a high ping
  • Flash effect's have no fall-off. If I throw a flash as far as possible it will still white out 100% of my screen if I'm looking anywhere remotely close at it
  • Additional objective based game types: CTF, bomb
Streaming
I'm trying to think of some way to connect players with Twitch streamers. This is more of a brainstorm list
  • Connect twitch account to Skillwarz and have an in-game icon when players are live
  • Logo/avatar/spray for streamers
Bugs
Latvia
Clan: SW

Post by OneManArmy » 10 Aug 2019

If you will read forum, you will find answer on all your suggestions.
United States of America
Clan: OP

Post by impossybull » 11 Aug 2019

• List player count for all regions. Currently you have to switch regions in order to see the player count

Not possible with current networking setup. Each region is itself.
  • Save region selection after game restart

More helpful to have people in default region so it's easier to find a match.
  • Settings values do not allow increments to all possible values. FOV and sensitivity as an example skip numbers while sliding and allow settings values to be entered manually rather than using sliders

Good suggestion but not that important.
  • An official Discord server.

Here: :D https://discord.gg/N5sBkqm
  • Make leaderboard available in game

Nice to have but not really needed for anything.
  • Filter leaderboard by: Gametype, Dates (Weekly/Monthly). Weekly and Monthly stats will encourage new players as they have a chance to be in the "Top"

Good suggestion, but there is only so much space and bandwidth to record and save stats.
  • Sort leaderboard by kills, deaths, K:D ratio, last active, first active

Would be nice, but not necessary.
  • Trading in the game happens all too often. I often peek a corner quickly and move away only to die ~800-2000ms later from someone with a high ping

Networking uses YOUR hit detection, not a god-server figuring out whose hits to accept or reject. Trades happen, but NO hits will get rejected because of bad ping. I (and many other people) prefer trades over getting accurate shots rejected because of latency. In real life, the bullets always shoot when shot but people do not die instantly. Latency trades are more realistic. Remember, you have to have one or the other. :( :geek:
    Another exaplanation: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=328
  • Flash effect's have no fall-off. If I throw a flash as far as possible it will still white out 100% of my screen if I'm looking anywhere remotely close at it

The time blinded changes by how far away it is.
  • Additional objective based game types: CTF, bomb

People have been wanting these for a while. The main problem is there are not enough people to test them, AND the current maps may not be a good fit for them. I'd like to see them slowly added as an "experimental" mode where people could report bugs and they could be added incrementally, but we'll have to see OMA's thoughts on it.

The main thing to remember is that OMA only has so much time to develop the game, so he tries to add important/cool things first, and less necessary things that aren't bugs are usually not changed.
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

Member of Split, SWAT, Milk, RT, Dark Masters, Criminal Gamers, Fusion, Greg Heffley, and leader of OVERPOWERED.