I like Skillwarz for the simple gameplay, fast performance and friendly players. I've been evangelizing it within my Discord servers and while streaming. I've compiled a list of things I think would help make the game more approachable to new players and help the community grow.
I was torn between posting this in Ideas and Suggestions and General Discussions. Mods, please move this thread as you see fit
- List player count for all regions. Currently you have to switch regions in order to see the player count
- Save region selection after game restart
- Settings values do not allow increments to all possible values. FOV and sensitivity as an example skip numbers while sliding
- Allow settings values to be entered manually rather than using sliders
- An official Discord server.
- Make leaderboard available in game
- Filter leaderboard by: Gametype, Dates (Weekly/Monthly). Weekly and Monthly stats will encourage new players as they have a chance to be in the "Top"
- Add columns:
- Sort leaderboard by kills, deaths, K:D ratio, last active, first active
- Trading in the game happens all too often. I often peek a corner quickly and move away only to die ~800-2000ms later from someone with a high ping
- Flash effect's have no fall-off. If I throw a flash as far as possible it will still white out 100% of my screen if I'm looking anywhere remotely close at it
- Additional objective based game types: CTF, bomb
I'm trying to think of some way to connect players with Twitch streamers. This is more of a brainstorm list
- Connect twitch account to Skillwarz and have an in-game icon when players are live
- Logo/avatar/spray for streamers