Decided to return to the game - My suggestions on improving the game.

Pry
Great Britain

Decided to return to the game - My suggestions on improving the game.

Post by Pry » 08 Apr 2019

Hey OMA, just got back to playing again and I want to help improve the game so i compiled a list of things i think could be altered to improve the game. I'm not saying these need to be added right now and some of this is my opinion. I'd just like to see your response and other players' responses.
  • When spraying reticle is not aligned with where you're actually shooting (it's sometimes not aligned when performing actions such as jumping too, try to make it consistently aligned).
  • Sniper crosshair tilting while moving.
  • Sniper crosshair after jumping is too aids.
  • Add a proper strafing system while jumping.
  • Add a more complex spawn system, where it tries to spawn people far away from the opposing system.
  • Continuing on from the previous improvement: add more maps that are not so simple that the spawn system wouldn't work.
  • Allow pick up of ammo from eliminated enemies.
  • Reduce/try to completely remove lag compensation (players with high ping able to kill you around the corner due to their screen being different)
  • Make the movement system more complex, further speed reduction when jumping (not just able to spam space and avoid players easily) - Can be used coincide with the strafe system as it provides a higher skill ceiling.
  • Competitive/matchmaking - servers are quite aids and the settings people put on should be for private matches with no leveling/stat increase.
  • Crosshair by default (no perk, +remove perk) on all weapons bar scopes.
  • Change FOV to make the weapon seem further away (FOV scale).
  • In addition make the sniper scope further out (when zoomed), when fov is higher.
  • I'm not the biggest fan of the perk system, i prefer CODs system personally.
Apologies if the grammar is shit, I wrote it in about 10 mins :)
I hope to be playing this game a lot more, but these improvements would make me come back fully ^^
Latvia
Clan: SW

Post by OneManArmy » 08 Apr 2019

when you ask multiple questions, then at least number them...

0. because weapon has bullet spread, like in most FPS games. Record video about jumping.
1. you mean walk animation?
2. what?
3. what in your understanding is "proper strafing system"?
4. "more complex spawn system" - will not work with current maps.
5. and again "more complex spawn system" require more complex maps.
6. is it important?
7. "remove lag compensation"- what result you expect?
Screens are "different" in all games (higher ping = more noticeable difference).
And i already explained everything about current networking solution and limitations.
8. as i understand this idea is simply to add strafe system like in CS.
9. "Competitive/matchmaking - servers are quite aids " - what?
10. Maybe in "Normal" mode... i am against crosshairs and i explained my position many times.
11. I am using 2 cameras to avoid distortion/stretch when changing FOV.
What you are asking is something what every developer tries to avoid, but they can't because they use only 1 camera.
12. i think you don't understand how sniper scope was done.
13. we all play different games and we all like different things in games.

P.S. we have "Ideas and Suggestions" section.
Pry
Great Britain

I understand a lot of this is hard to implement. I'll try to put them into more detail:

0. I''m pretty sure in the majority of skill based fps games the weapon's sight follows where you're actually shooting and stays their consistently bar CS.
1. When aimed in with the sniper and strafing left or right the scope tilts, it's not the best imo.
2. After you jump, when you are aimed in with the sniper, the crosshair seems to bounce too much making it very hard to adapt to it.
3. Meaning you can actually use A and D, whilst in the air to change the directions you are going in.
4. If the map maker is improved from when i last used it, i could try to design more complex maps, or base them off CSGO/COD for ease at the beginning. I just don't like the very easy spawn trapping of knowing exactly where they are, it's worse than COD's spawn system imo.
5. ^^
6. I don't think you have enough ammo when you're using the majority of weapons and it runs out quickly, i'm not really a fan of the ammo bag system.
7. I get that there are limitations, but it's way worse than on any other game, i get killed after about 2 seconds of being in cover - this happens from players with over 150 ping, which is relatively low.
8. Kinda but more like COD, while holding W doesn't stop you like CS as CS is way harder to chain.
9. I'd prefer there to be a matchmaking system. The servers people set up always have bad modes and weird settings and setting up your own game takes a while for people to join, which is frustrating to me and i assume others.
10. Sorry, not read over the forums at all, i literally just played and wrote a notepad in a few mins.
11. Alright, i understand, FOV scale is a lot better imo, if it can't be implemented that's fine.
12. Maybe not, but it could be possible to implement.
13. True.

I didn't see that lol, my bad.
I hope this clears up some things a bit further, apologies for lack of detail in the first post and lack of research into what you've said on the forum.
I did type it up at like 4am.
Malaysia
Clan: MSIA

Post by Johnliew97 » 08 Apr 2019

Matchmaking will probably be though to do. Even if OMA does it usually there are around 10-20 people playing during some time of the day. And only in one server. If u okay a different time there are too little people for a 'matchmaking' unless you're playing with ghosts
Latvia

0. Nr.1 skill based fps game "Counter Strike", right? Should i record video to prove that you are wrong?
1. I made scope like in BF4. But in BF4 scopes has even more motion when you move.
2. But why it should be easy? We can compare with real life,
or with CS (skill based game) where slightest movement = bullet will not hit where you aim.
3. Can you name games where strafing works like you want it to be in SW?
4, 5 If i will switch spawns, then enemies will kill you from back and it will be worse then now.
6. yes, but it forces you to move around map.
7. you die behind corners in all game. Higher ping - more noticeable this problem is. We have players with supper high ping.
Create room with max 100 ping limit.
8. I am not playing COD. Can you record video?
9. you can see room configuration. Join room with preset you like. Or create room.
10. --
11. there is nothing to implement. If changing FOV your weapon/hands are stretching it is bad, not good.
12. sniper scope is plain texture, not scope. Changing distance will not anything.
By the way, FOV doesn't change scope position. It's just distortion.
Pry
Great Britain

Okay nvm, seems you're heading the way of a more battlefield/realistic game so I guess i can't get you to change anything.
Just close the thread lol.
Latvia

That's why we have rule "one suggestion per topic".
When you are making so many suggestions, of course i will reject part of them and you will jump out from discussion.
At the end we both wasted our time.

And the way you are making suggestion...
You must convince me that your suggestion (about some change) will somehow improve game.

Suggestions can be rejected because:
* technically not possible (for example LAN)
* goes against my vision on game (for example cross-hair)
* complicated and requires time to implement (for example bots), it is possible that result will be bad = wasted time.
I am personally against bots, because in online games you should play against other players.
Not enough online players - it is another problem we should solve.
* requires financial investments (for example specific game modes)
* and for many other reasons

And only because i don't agree with you immediately, it doesn't mean that your suggestion will not be implemented in future.
Time by time i am going through suggestions.

So, what's with 8?
Pry
Great Britain

I've uploaded 2 videos of me strafe jumping on COD 4 (in promod). It also uses the nice fov scale i like. Just wanted to demo it to you.
https://youtu.be/Dj4MlsU-coQ
https://youtu.be/LgQ55KPJTGI
Latvia

From this video i can't really understand how it works.
You are making motions like in CS, but as i understand their system doesn't work like in CS.
1. What happens when you run jump and in air you release W?
2. What happens when you run jump and in air you press A or D?
3. Is there any acceleration when you press A, or D and move mouse?
4. Do you lose momentum after jump (when you land)?
Pry
Great Britain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlQW2Rk0zSw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om5PS7290GE
I think these will help, i'll try to explain better if these can't help ^^