Admin request for your consideration

United States of America
Clan: OP

Admin request for your consideration

Post by impossybull » 11 May 2019

Hi OneManArmy, I understand you may not be looking for additional admins at the moment but if you are, please do consider my application here.

Requisites:
• know English language: Yes
Details: I am a native English speaker from the USA, and I achieved a perfect score on the English section of the ACT, one of two national collegiate entrance exams.
• be active in forum and game: Yes
Details: I have had my forum account for over a year, and have the second-highest number of total posts (behind only OneManArmy). For the most part, I have been active on a daily-to-weekly basis on the forum, the game and the Discord. In particular, I've contributed extensively to the "Ideas and Suggestions" and "Level Design" / "Community Maps" subfora. I started playing this game back in the days of AU Modern FPS (around 2016?) and have been regularly active for even longer than I've had my forum account; I was playing a lot by the time Patch 0.17 was released, which notably fixed the L96A1 scope offset bug.
• have enough powerful PC to record videos: Yes
Details: I record and post gameplay and map showcase videos regularly.

Info:
• Name: Henry
• In-game username: impossybull
• Experience as admin in other games: No direct experience, but there are three other things that are relevant to this:
*I have been an admin in two community Discord servers (Gudg and CG clans), and I contacted and helped to assist the existing admins in the SkillWarz Discord to help resolve problems such as the AS vs CG dispute.
*I was in the Boy Scouts of America for seven years, which taught me how to be a leader, teach, and be a good example, especially for younger kids.
*I'm an active contributor on Wikipedia and Wiktionary, with over 300 Wikipedia edits. This has taught me how to work with and understand a rule structure for an online environment, and moderate disputes between myself and/or others in such an environment.
--> Additionally, I know I have talked with you before on the forum, but feel free to look at any of my posts to get a feel for how I interact with people.
• How long do you play this game: at least 14 months, on a regular basis.
• From which country you are: United States
• What's your native language: English
• What other languages do you know: Spanish, and some Portuguese, French, Esperanto, and Latin.

This is truly one of my favorite games and I'm glad you put time into developing it. Thanks for reviewing my application, OMA.
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

Member of Split, SWAT, Milk, RT, Dark Masters, Criminal Gamers, Fusion, Greg Heffley, and leader of OVERPOWERED.
United States of America

Post by litenite » 11 May 2019

Yo i second impossybull for admin! He's got a pretty cool head in game and I've even seen him help out newer players while in matches.
Let me LITE your NITE :):
http://bit.ly/liteniteGamingYT
France

Post by MrTitix » 11 May 2019

+1
Macedonia

Post by supra » 12 May 2019

Active player and helps out the community, it would be nice to have him with us as an admin. Good luck impossybull :D
Not as active as I used to be but I'm still here and there :D
United States of America

Post by impossybull » 12 May 2019

Thanks guys, definitely feeling the love rn :D
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

Member of Split, SWAT, Milk, RT, Dark Masters, Criminal Gamers, Fusion, Greg Heffley, and leader of OVERPOWERED.
France

Post by blasterant » 12 May 2019

Way to much unnneeded informations + boasting "I was in the Boy Scouts of America for seven years, which taught me how to be a leader, teach, and be a good example, especially for younger kids." (I'm taking this among other things) This is not a resume, you are just applying to be an admin in a (for now) small game.

+ I think there are enough admins right now.
France

lol seems like someone doesn't like to be frustrated.
1) I'm talking to impossybull, not you, so why are you on your defensive ? It is none of your concern.
2) I'm saying what I think about his presentation. Do the rules forbid that ? Did I insulted him ? disrespected him ?
3) Did I say he didn't wanted to help the game ? He does, its good, now saying you are the best swimmer of the galaxy has nothing to do with your admin request. So its unneeded.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
United States of America

Blasterant, please accept my sincere apologies for trying to write a deatiled, competitive application.

But seriously, why would I make a short, vague application when I could make a detailed one? I'm not going to guess your age or other reasons why you seem unfamiliar with the structure of what is essentially a résumé. This is effectively a résumé, and résumés are *supposed* to list relevant experience. It's not like I filled it with things like "I got an A in biology and I can play Hot Cross Buns on the recorder". Everything I listed is, to the best of my intuition, relevant experience. For example, writing things like "I was in the Boy Scouts of America for seven years, which taught me how to be a leader, teach, and be a good example, especially for younger kids." is how you're *supposed* to do it. I'm not going to assume that OMA knows what the Boy Scouts is or why I would put it on my application, and I'm not expecting him to go searching for why items that I list would be relevant: I'm writing it, so I need to explain it.
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

France

You obviously didn't get my point. It was yet easy to figure it out. As I said you are applying to be an admin, your job is to watch over some players behaviour, report bugs, cheats/hacks, it is just help in a game. You are not going to rise a kid, not going to educate him, you are not going to teach english to people, you are just an admin, not the president of a country, nobody cares that you once saved a squirrel while training for the olympic Games. Its is good for you, but it has nothing to do with your admin job, so it is unnecessary.

Now it is just my personal opinion but as I see, people don't like when someone says someting againt them. Why didn't you just follow the "admin application form" ? It says a lot on your personal behaviour.
United States of America

I'm not sure how you haven't realized that I did follow the form, since you seem so obsessed with that I wrote.

"It says a lot on your personal behaviour." Considering how much you like to criticize me over my perceived slights, I find it surprising that you do not realize that the contents of my post are between just me and OneManArmy, and it is frankly uncalled for to comment with so much toxicity on a post that does not concern you.

Just to be clear, if you had a reasonable, confirmable complaint like "impossybull is bad sport, swears in chat, not helpful, not active, etc." then it could make sense to post here. But criticizing me on solely the content of my application, that does not concern you, makes no sense.
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"