Double-jump perk return - as an optional game mode

Do you wish the RETURN of the DOUBLE-JUMP perk, as an OPTIONAL GAME MODE ?

Poll ended at 11 Mar 2019

Yes
44%
Maybe | don't know | don't care
No votes
No
56%

Total votes: 9
Switzerland
Clan: DM

Double-jump perk return - as an optional game mode

Post by Zapper » 09 Feb 2019

Hi,

Personally, I greatly miss the double-jump perk and would appreciate it's return, as an OPTIONAL GAME MODE (like hardcore) that would be set at room creation. What do you think ?

Thanks for your input !
Zapper
Macedonia

Post by supra » 09 Feb 2019

Option to do this means that everyone will only make double jump and low gravity lobbies. By default, ping is set to max 200.. but every lobby i see is 500 max. Option to do this means that they will ALWAYS do this and it ruins the game for a lot of us. I would love for the game perks to stay the way they are now (besides extra health on normal.. but were not talking about that rn). I vote no, this is just my opinion and hope that these two cannot be used together again.
Feel free to send me a private message or mention me in our discord server if you need help with anything in-game.
https://discord.gg/HxMZHmm
Latvia
Clan: SW

Post by OneManArmy » 09 Feb 2019

"As option" will only work when we will have huge (at least x10) player base and player will be able to choose room based on presets he likes.

We have many problems ONLY because we have small player base.
Multiply current player base with 10 and:
*) you will always find room with low ping limit. High ping = BAD experience in game for everyone.
*) players will be separated based on skill. It is very important.
*) most of rooms will be full and players will faster fill newly created rooms, or half full rooms
*) you will always find rooms with game mode and presets YOU like
*) even in other regions (where your ping is low) someone sooner or later will start play

Low player base is only reason why DJ + LG caused trouble.
Players who hated this combination had to play against players with this combo, because sometimes we had just one room.

Of course they could create THEIR OWN room and play without these perks, but...
Their thought process below:
- "why the hell I should create my own room and wait, when i can simply complain about it in forum".
Now it all continues...
Some players don't like longer TTK and i read suggestions that "Normal" mode must be removed...

I remember time when BF4 came out... it had so many problems, but game was FUN.
Then i saw all these complaints from players in BF forum/videos and developers made many adjustments
to balance game = players don't play game the same way = game is not fun anymore.

I understand that all players has own preferences, but please stop complain only because something is not LIKE IN OTHER GAMES.
Only because YOU don't like something in game, it doesn't mean that it must be removed/changed (especially if something is OPTIONAL).

Finally... this poll is useless.
To bring back double jump we need to increase player base, but i don't think that it will happen anytime soon.
Russia
Clan: RG

Post by Hevils » 10 Feb 2019

I guess this is a hint of me. If so, then I will explain to you. I created rooms and each time I had to wait 10 minutes to dial 4 people (2 vs 2). But after a few of my killings, all the players went out. Therefore, I had to go into already created rooms.
Their thought process below:
- "why the hell I should create my own room and wait, when i can simply complain about it in forum".
Now it all continues...
Some players don't like longer TTK
Why not soon? How do you plan to increase the player base?
To bring back double jump we need to increase player base, but i don't think that it will happen anytime soon.
Latvia
Clan: SW

Post by OneManArmy » 10 Feb 2019