Why is the game level based and not skill based

Japan

Why is the game level based and not skill based

Post by zstuu » 17 Aug 2019

The game is calles skill ward yet you can't even get the perks you need unless you invest hundreds of hours into the game we used to have access to all weapons and all perks now we just have the trash ones unless you level up it's so bad there's no way to compete against people with better guns and its not fair please bring back the old system where we all had options...
Japan

new players have a disadvantage and old players get an advantage how is that fair???? the sniper doesnt even do 100 damage bodyshot how are we meant to compete?
Latvia
Clan: SW

Post by OneManArmy » 17 Aug 2019

In all F2P games part of content is locked under progression and/OR MONEY. Here you get EVERYTHING for FREE.
Nobody forces you to play in rooms with perks.
Play Gun Game and you will have all the same weapons/presets.
Best weapons are unlocked from beginning and some of attachments you get in first few hours.
For experienced players it takes around 60 hours to unlock everything. For noobs maybe 120 hours. It's a lot for you?
Japan

are you JOKING this game is FREE why put content like guns behind a level wall we can't play on an even playing field... if u want to add skins that's fine. There's only 2 servers up right now it's not even like i can play with people of the same level so we can compete fairly... i don't even know why you added the level feature for perks and weapons when the game is basically a sandbox game. It was fun when we could just pick what you want now im restricted to 2 weapons per class (the bad ones)
Latvia

Post by OneManArmy » 17 Aug 2019

I am making many changes based on suggestions.
Where was you when new progression system was in development?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=831

If you don't have time to read forum, then don't complain about changes in game.

For average player 100 hours to unlock everything is NOTHING (if he likes the game).
If you are playing one hour in a month, then why even complain about progression system?
United States of America
Clan: OP

Post by impossybull » 17 Aug 2019

Me, OMA, and many other people debated for like 100 replies about the progression system before it was added. OMA is right, the starting guns ARE the best guns. The M107 is the last good and unique gun to be unlocked and it is at Rank 17 or something, which is very low. TBH the only thing of significant advantage that is not unlocked at rank ZERO is the Regen perk. Almost 40% of weapons are unlocked from rank ZERO. What other game is like that?
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

Member of Split, SWAT, Milk, RT, Dark Masters, Criminal Gamers, Fusion, Greg Heffley, and leader of OVERPOWERED.
United States of America

Post by notatroll » 18 Aug 2019

i think he had a semi/point. i think there should be a mode where all guns are available for use to support the idea of the game being based around skill as opposed to who has the higher level. im not suggesting a change in the current system just a new/modified mode like a scrims dm/tdm type thing or maybe a new mode altogether.
Latvia

Post by OneManArmy » 18 Aug 2019

"i think there should be a mode where all guns are available"
and this mode is called Gun Game. All players has the same weapons and attachments.

Again, it doesn't take years to unlock everything.
For skilled player around 60 hours, for average player around 80-100 and for low skill player 120-150 hours.
In other games it takes way much more time.

And when you reach rank 18 (around 10-15 hours), you already have everything you need to compete with max rank,
so you guys are complaining about nothing.
It's just "oh i want everything and right now"...
That's not how it works in most games and there are REASONS for that.
United States of America

Post by notatroll » 18 Aug 2019

i think youre missing the point. gun game is a controlled environment and not a great way to try new weapons efficiently.
Latvia

Post by OneManArmy » 18 Aug 2019

and i think you guys are ignoring all my points.
Progression system will stay like it is now. I have nothing to say here anymore.