What would you like to see in map editor?

Poland
Clan: SW

What would you like to see in map editor?

Post by UnknownGuy » 02 Oct 2019

Hello!
Today I have a question for you.
What would you like to see in map editor, and what features are missing in it. Feel free to share your ideas.
Thanks!
My youtube channel can be found here
United States of America
Clan: OP

Post by impossybull » 02 Oct 2019

*Have “Max Height” and "Min Height" sliders with numerical value boxes, for better precision, and a checkbox to toggle on or off whether they would apply to the tool at that time. HAS BEEN CHANGED!!! :D
*Make NumEnter key work as Enter key also. HAS BEEN CHANGED!!! :D
*Ability to delete terrain entity. HAS BEEN ADDED!!! :D
*Add ability to tile non full voxels with the Brush tool. HAS BEEN ADDED!!! :D
*Add copy/paste tool for voxels (select point A and B, it copies all voxels in the rectangular prism). (Like MCEdit, etc.) HAS BEEN ADDED!!! :D
*Different terrain sizes; current size is WAY too big :) and it hurts performance. Maybe Small, Medium, Large, and Extra Large, where XL is current size, and each other one is 1/4 the area (1/2 the size lengths of the square) of the one above it? HAS BEEN CHANGED!!! :D

*Add a click repeat, where for actions that work on clicking, when the user holds down the mouse button, the action repeats. 5 times per second might be good, or better, have a slider setting to adjust, say, in between 2 to 20 clicks per second.
*Rewrite textures (again ヽ(●-`Д´-)ノ ) to accommodate 6 different textures, one for each side of the block.
*Add health, ammo, red box, ladder, and lava entities.
*Ability to "select entire terrain" to change its texture, or move up and down using normal tools.
*A way to adjust the opacity radially on the tool, instead of only being able to change the entire tool.
*Add Objective entities in the map editor that would work with certain game modes in the editor and in the Editor Maps. See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=822 (Need OMA's help to implement new modes, for use in Editor Map matches to try them out.)
*Add key to manually cycle orientation of the "tall" rectangular half-full voxel, instead of/ in addition to current way based on position. Maybe have current way be "Auto" setting?
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

Member of Split, SWAT, Milk, RT, Dark Masters, Criminal Gamers, Fusion, Greg Heffley, and leader of OVERPOWERED.
United States of America

Post by notatroll » 11 Oct 2019

i feel like a barrier for nades would be helpful.
United States of America
Clan: OP

Post by impossybull » 12 Oct 2019

Minor suggestion: make the "copy blocks" tool key be 'E' instead of 'Q', as it is easy to use by accident ( == place down an entire building :D ). Nice addition by the way!!
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

Member of Split, SWAT, Milk, RT, Dark Masters, Criminal Gamers, Fusion, Greg Heffley, and leader of OVERPOWERED.
Poland

Post by UnknownGuy » 13 Oct 2019

nice idea :D
United States of America

Post by notatroll » 06 Nov 2019

a more up to date version of the preview mode. Basically adding all the BASIC functionalities of the actual game such as flick jumping and the ability to shoot n stuff.

Btw PLEASE remove the ability to do a full 360 while continuously moving the camera up/down. make it to where you can only straight down and no more.
Poland

Post by UnknownGuy » 06 Nov 2019

@notatroll I was actually thinking about it :D Thanks!