Great Britain

Post by P3KK » 16 Dec 2018

xLegacy wrote:
16 Dec 2018
P3KK wrote:
15 Dec 2018
picsouman wrote:
15 Dec 2018
Hi ! yes interested but the main problem is : network ! some players will have bad pings...
The best thing to do would be matching teams that have similar ping. If there is a large ammount of teams that want to play this shouldn't be a problem, if not then I think putting both teams on a server that is in-between them would be fair. However, there is no solid solution to this.
Solution : Bo3 - 1 match in US serv and the other in EU serv - for the last, have to see
That works
fraus wrote:
16 Dec 2018
team player size?
I forgot to mention this, team size should be 5

Something else that just came to mind.
Should the tournament be Single Elimination - This means if you loose a game you are out
or Double Elimination - This means there will be a separate bracket for losers to play in and gives them a chance to still win.
France

Post by laugh » 16 Dec 2018

picsouman wrote:
15 Dec 2018
Hi ! yes interested but the main problem is : network ! some players will have bad pings...
I totally agree.
Netherlands

Post by Mercy » 16 Dec 2018

Double Elimination, everyone deserves a second chance.
- You should've picked Mercy.
Philippines
Clan: CG

Post by Nalla » 17 Dec 2018

P3KK wrote:
16 Dec 2018
xLegacy wrote:
16 Dec 2018
P3KK wrote:
15 Dec 2018

The best thing to do would be matching teams that have similar ping. If there is a large ammount of teams that want to play this shouldn't be a problem, if not then I think putting both teams on a server that is in-between them would be fair. However, there is no solid solution to this.
Solution : Bo3 - 1 match in US serv and the other in EU serv - for the last, have to see
That works
fraus wrote:
16 Dec 2018
team player size?
I forgot to mention this, team size should be 5

Something else that just came to mind.
Should the tournament be Single Elimination - This means if you loose a game you are out
or Double Elimination - This means there will be a separate bracket for losers to play in and gives them a chance to still win.
I've played a game(uberstrike) before that used this same procedure it wasn't good, a password protected game done in 2 regional servers and since most clans are a mix of nationalities ranging from eu to asia. For the size, I recommend a 4v4 format. Some maps are too small(will most likely end in spawn trapping) unless you introduce a map pool ONLY for tournaments this introduces a meta for serious teams so they have an idea what to practice. Maps with balanced opportunities should be played on, as the game is arcade-y enough. I'd agree with single eliminations.
Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/nallafy
Battle.net: Zatzo12#1218
Discord: Nalla#4736
United States of America
Clan: FaZe

Post by fraus » 17 Dec 2018

i mean, I've got a map meant for competitive and making a few more should take no more than maybe a month or 2. the one that i have out right now just needs to be updated to its latest version (which ill do this week).
Great Britain

Post by P3KK » 18 Dec 2018

Nalla wrote:
17 Dec 2018

I've played a game(uberstrike) before that used this same procedure it wasn't good, a password protected game done in 2 regional servers and since most clans are a mix of nationalities ranging from eu to asia. For the size, I recommend a 4v4 format. Some maps are too small(will most likely end in spawn trapping) unless you introduce a map pool ONLY for tournaments this introduces a meta for serious teams so they have an idea what to practice. Maps with balanced opportunities should be played on, as the game is arcade-y enough. I'd agree with single eliminations.
Sorting the ping issues will be a problem but there isn't much that can be done unless the tournament is restricted to a certain region.
I do agree that some maps in the game are too small for 5v5 compettive play but some of them in my opinion are suitable, I'll try and compile a list a maps which I think is suitable or create a public poll and let it be decided that way.
However, I don't think spawn trapping would be an issue if the gamemode is Elimination as everyone starts at spawn and have single lives. Of course, the other problem is one team may get dommianted but that's just the by-product of tournaments.
fraus wrote:
17 Dec 2018
i mean, I've got a map meant for competitive and making a few more should take no more than maybe a month or 2. the one that i have out right now just needs to be updated to its latest version (which ill do this week).
Take your time :D
This isn't something that's going to be happeneing next week or something, right now it's just planning.
United States of America
Clan: FaZe

Post by fraus » 18 Dec 2018

lol ofc
Great Britain

Post by P3KK » 14 Jan 2019

Hello! Been a while since I've updated this post but I have been working in the background on the tournament mainly ironing out the structure and rules which I will share in a later post but for now there is one major things that is best decided by the community and that is the day to host this event on, I am also interested in what rewards (if any) you would like to see for participating in the tournament. I will be updating you on my progress with this but if you have any suggests let me know.
Russia
Clan: RG

Post by Hevils » 28 Jan 2019

I fully support your idea of ​​tournaments. It would be great if the developer made some special skins or other items that will be released only for tournament winners.
There are few Russian-speaking players in the game, so I cannot yet assemble a team of 5 people. I do not know English well, but if there is a tournament, I can join the other team if they accept.