Map Creator dream

United States of America
Clan: FaZe

Map Creator dream

Post by fraus » 06 Jan 2019

For those who are a bit fatigued from the usual SW gameplay, we find ourselves in a bit of a hole as there is not much that we are able to do in terms of making radically different maps which could change the pace from badass arcade style shooter to fun minigames. To me i feel that a upgrade to the map editor could add this additional push; I know its a lot to ask but IMO these are things that should have been implemented since day one of the Map editor's release.

(1) Add all the consumables and deployables that are in that game as they are in game as well as object that are pre placed in the maps and have their preferences as to teams, life span(optional is any) and destrucable(optional)

(2)kill zones and safe zone which vary from soft kill zones which are timed or hard kill zones which kill instantly with the safezone being a area which acts as a barrier with both soft and hard varients.

(3)This is not related to the map editor but i feel you can somehow implement it: VERRRY flexible custom game options such as player health, invulnerability, player damage, weapon restrictions(per weapon), additional options for specifc game mode(idk but im sure there are some)
United States of America
Clan: CG

Post by impossybull » 09 Jan 2019

Not sure if 2 and 3 are important to add but people have been asking about 1 for a while. Because pickups do things, and aren't static, they're harder (I think) to add to the editor, but everyone wishes they were for this reason
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"
United States of America

Post by fraus » 09 Jan 2019

3 really is not important but i feel 2 is very helpful if you are trying to make a certain map make more sense or to add extra functionality or features to a map without just putting more blocks or props.
United States of America

Post by impossybull » 09 Jan 2019

I hope I don't sound insulting but having demarcated death zones on a map just screams lazy design.

For example, on how to avoid that, notice the various ways I blocked off the edges of this map, even with the at-the-time extremely limited prop library. This includes carefully designing the buildings so that you can't jump on their roofs.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=502
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"
United States of America

Post by fraus » 09 Jan 2019

i mean i have map i want to implement it thats not necessarily but cant due to the scale of some of these map. these would prevent OP spots without making it look too out of order. in all though the reason i ask for the kill zones and safe zones so people who may or may not need those have the flexibility to do so without having to do all the unnecessary prop or block arranging.
United States of America

Post by impossybull » 15 Jan 2019

Yeah, it could work in some maps. I just don't like them in general
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"