i made this map on older editor version it took so many hours and it's small! pls recreate this someone pls!

India

i made this map on older editor version it took so many hours and it's small! pls recreate this someone pls!

Post by men20 » 20 Jul 2019

Spoiler:
hmm plz
Attachments
hi new.rar
(12.95 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
hi new.rar
(12.95 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (4).png
Latvia
Clan: SW

Post by OneManArmy » 20 Jul 2019

Think where you create topic... Topic moved again!

It doesn't matter how many hours you spent to make map, important is result.
You can spend weeks on one map and result will be unplayable.

Again map too small. It looks like map India but much smaller.

If you want to make good map, then spend few hours and watch some level design tutorials.
On Youtube are many CS:GO level design tutorials, where you can learn basics + some very important things.
United States of America
Clan: OP

Post by impossybull » 20 Jul 2019

Here are some maps to check out if you want to see about the right size to make a map:
System by impossybull
Bone Yard by fraus
IndustryTown by thestafy
Noshar Canals by iTerQ

In terms of size range, Courtyard by impossybull is basically the smallest you could go. Otherwise things are just too chaotic. De_Tuscan by laugh is probably the largest, because already that map would need like 12 players on it to not feel empty.

I hope this helps, and feel free to message me or reply if you have any more questions about map design :)
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

Member of Split, SWAT, Milk, RT, Dark Masters, Criminal Gamers, Fusion, Greg Heffley, and leader of OVERPOWERED.
United States of America

Post by litenite » 21 Jul 2019

Fraus' Project Ambition is actually fun to snipe on. Svi and I played it and didn't have a terrible time. If too much time went by, we'd just throw a nade or shoot in the air to give the other a hint. We saw that both of us tended to migrate to the mountain top anyway, so that was a place we started to check before doing anything. Not saying to make something that big, just that context is everything. It prob would have sucked being an Assault or Support Class.
Let me LITE your NITE :):
http://bit.ly/liteniteGamingYT
United States of America

Post by impossybull » 21 Jul 2019

Yeah but once maps get a certain size, they either get too long range or too hard to find people. You can't have a large map, with medium engagement ranges, AND be able to find people easily. For reference, my map System, which is made for 6 to 8 players, is 5% of the size of Project Ambition. Project Ambition would probably be epic with 24-48 players, but even with 14 the game would be far too slow paced, and too long range also no matter the number of players. (Most of the map is open space; you can't just run across it.)
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

Member of Split, SWAT, Milk, RT, Dark Masters, Criminal Gamers, Fusion, Greg Heffley, and leader of OVERPOWERED.
United States of America

Post by impossybull » 05 Aug 2019

Yeah this map is so small you could probably run across the entire thing still in spawn protection... Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too small; too small even for 2 players.
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"