Additional score for Elimination games

United States of America
Clan: OP

Additional score for Elimination games

Post by impossybull » 01 Aug 2019

So as we all know, Elimination does not get played very much. Part of the reason is that the game play is slower, so people don't earn as much XP.

Many FPS games adjust the score somewhat for different modes, depending on how fast they can be played. Specifically, elimination-style modes send to have a large score multiplier, to compensate for the fact that they play a lot slower. For example, Search and Destroy on COD has a 5x multiplier.

For SW we could try putting a 4x multiplier on Elimination scores, and see if it makes the XP earned more comparable to the other modes on a per-minute basis. I can't really test anything exactly right now because no one wants to play this mode.

This suggestion is not to try to "bribe" people into playing a less popular mode by offering more XP, rather, it is an attempt to try to correct the XP-per-minute difference in Elimination versus other modes.
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

Member of Split, SWAT, Milk, RT, Dark Masters, Criminal Gamers, Fusion, Greg Heffley, and leader of OVERPOWERED.
Latvia
Clan: SW

Post by OneManArmy » 02 Aug 2019

I don't think that XP plays any role here. In such games players simply want to jump in action immediately, not wait. Elimination mode is more for CW/Tournaments.
United States of America
Clan: OP

Post by impossybull » 02 Aug 2019

Ok :)

I don't know how worried people are about Elimination not being played much :D
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

Member of Split, SWAT, Milk, RT, Dark Masters, Criminal Gamers, Fusion, Greg Heffley, and leader of OVERPOWERED.
United States of America

Post by fraus2 » 02 Aug 2019

i dont think its that nobody wants to play it i just think that there is nothing to show that its a mode of interest considering the mode defaulted to when creating a room is dm and as a result people just play that.
China

Post by lavender » 11 Oct 2019

I agree with OMA that some players just want to jump in action immediately. But anyway, I also hear some new players dislike the setting of levelup to unlock new items. So maybe earn much more XP in Elimination would attact more player play it.

I like elimination, it feels tatical.